BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Consultations with Talent Acquisition are available.
- New position/existing position
Complete the Compensation and Classification Form to request a classification and compensation review for a new position, reclassify an existing position, or make changes to an existing job description.
- Job description
Talent Acquisition will discuss the current job description and potential or necessary updates. In addition, we will help outline effective screening questions that may be utilized in Taleo to assist with screening candidates.
The recruitment process is virtually the same for both regular and temporary Professional hires. If you’re hiring a temporary employee, complete the Compensation and Classification Form.
- Business Needs/Goals/Department Strategy
Talent Acquisition will take the time to talk with you and learn about what’s going on in your department. With a good understanding of your current goals and business needs, Talent Acquisition will be able to offer sound advice and collaboration in the creation of an effective recruitment strategy.
- Search Committee members
Talent Acquisition will discuss with the Hiring Manager how to create and manage a search committee.
- Advertising strategy
- Talent Acquisition will discuss with the Hiring Manager their plans of conducting outreach/advertising. As the Hiring Manager completes the requisition, he/she will be asked to list advertising sources, listservs, or personal outreach that will be conducted outside of the following:
- Boise State University Careers Site
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Facebook – HR Jobs
- Twitter – HR Jobs
Talent Acquisition can assist the Hiring Manager with the creation of interview questions. There may be opportunity to determine how the interview questions can be designed and created as screening questions.
- Travel & Moving Expenses
- Accounts Payable recommends that candidates purchase their airfare, hotel accommodations, and other travel expenses. The University will reimburse the candidate for their travel expenses within university guidelines. Click here for Boise State University’s travel procedure or contact Accounts Payable at 208-426-3434. The Non-Employee Travel Reimbursement Form is used for expenses associated with a candidate coming to campus for an interview.
- If you anticipate utilizing the moving policy for your new hire, please familiarize yourself with the Moving Policy, #7140. Moving expenses will be requested during the requisition process. The offer letter will contain information for the candidate to contact Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to making any relocation arrangements.
- Boise State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants. A full recruiting effort is required when filling most positions, however there are limited circumstances in which a recruitment waiver may be considered:
- Temporary Emergency Hire
- Special Skills:
- Distinguished or Named Professors or Endowed Chairs
- Research Associates named in grant applications not currently employed at Boise State
- Associate or Assistant Head Coaches recruited concurrently with the public recruitment of a new Head Coach
- Opportunity hire – Candidate’s many qualifications and anticipated contributions are expected to advance the university’s priority mission-driven goals
- Internal Promotion
- Campus Search Only