Boise State University manages the employee compensation program to fairly compensate each employee according to the work performed based on individual contribution, with the intent of attracting, retaining, and motivating an exceptional workforce.
For questions regarding Compensation/Classification, please contact:
- Establish University compensation principles
- Determine salary/wage guidelines
- Review and recommend all proposed pay increases
- Review job descriptions and conduct job analyses
- Conduct and participate in compensation surveys
- Advise departments on compensation matters
- Monitor departmental compliance with wage and salary guidelines, classification procedures and related state and federal law
Faculty positions have responsibility for teaching, research, and community service. All faculty positions are exempt under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) rules making them ineligible to receive overtime.
- The Office of the Provost provides oversight for faculty compensation and classification.
- Policy – State Board of Education policies for faculty compensation.