|| Administrative Assistant 2
||Classified Career Postings
||College of Health Sciences, School of Social Work
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support functions for the School of Social Work; Works with other Administrative Assistant 2 positions as a team member; Provides support across all programs to include MSW online. This is a new position due to growing programs and associated demands in the School of Social Work and the associated workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Works as a team to perform complex secretarial, office administration.
- Includes regarding day to day telephone and reception.
- Answer questions, direct inquiries to appropriate faculty or staff member.
- Troubleshoot when within the scope of position.
- Ensures prompt, accurate and courteous service to clients and guests.
- Answer “SocialWork@ boisestate.edu” emails, responding individually or routing to appropriate personnel.
- Orders supplies and maintain adequate supply levels.
- Ensure copier/printer in are in good working order, working with vendor to troubleshoot problems.
- Prepare/format a variety of business documents, to include those of an executive, sensitive, confidential, official and/or legal nature, prepare reports.
- Research, analyze, compiles information to prepare reports, handle complaints, or resolve problems.
- Solicits and store each semester’s syllabi and textbook orders.
Travel & Purchasing:
- Works as a team with the other Administrative Assistants to schedule faculty and staff travel.
- Creates comprehensive travel itineraries for groups and individuals attending academic conferences and workshops.
- Makes reservations, complete required forms in accordance with policy.
- Submits reimbursements for travel or other authorized purchases.
- Makes cost-effective purchases of supplies, obtain meeting rooms and catering if applicable.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, deposits and reconciles own P-card Responsible for financial transactions such as reconciling credit card purchases and other bookkeeping records.
- Runs reports to ensure accuracy of transactions.
Student Enrollment, Retention, Orientation:
- Works as a team with the other Administrative Assistants to support the BSW, MSW and MSW Online Program.
- Provides essential communication between administration, faculty, students and departments within Boise State University.
- Maintains data bases, student records, alumni records and other data, i.e., data essential to the recruitment, retention, and student progression.
- Assists with the application process for all programs, to include guiding potential students through process, prepares applications for faculty admission committee review.
- Assists Field Coordinators with regard to Practicum placement.
- Assists with transcript evaluation.
- Issues permission numbers to students.
- Assists with new student orientation, graduation ceremony, convocation, recognition events, training and other venues.
- Good knowledge of office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
- Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience providing various office support functions including word processing, filing, composing variety of business documents, reception, customer service.
- Ability to use a variety of University applications such as MS Office, Oracle, Intern Placement Tracking, PeopleSoft.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate Social Work curriculum with 100% accuracy when assisting current and prospective students.
- Able to multi-task and manage many priorities simultaneously.
- Able to trouble-shoot and problem-solve independently.
- Decisive, thorough and attentive to detail.
- Able to anticipate the issues and information needed for decision-making by management.
- Able to identify and collect data and information from a variety of complex university systems.
- Able to compile information and provide preliminary analysis for decision-making.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Respectful of departmental, college and university policies and procedures.
- Recognizes standards for formality, confidentiality and process.
- Able to coordinate activities requiring complex arrangements.
$14.07 per hour plus an excellent benefits package:
Qualified employees are encouraged to apply for this position, and priority consideration will be given to internal candidates.
To view and apply through our state job announcement please click the following link:
||11:59pm on 1/27/18
AA/EEO Statement – Boise State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Boise State University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. As a federal contractor, the University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. View Boise State’s complete Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact Human Resources at 208-426-1616..
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation and may require a credit and/or motor vehicle background investigation depending on the position. View the University’s full Background Investigations policy.
Drug-Free Workplace – It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. More information about the University’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. Visit the University’s Smoke-Free Campus Website.
|Jeanne Clery Statement
Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The Boise State University 2016 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is provided to students, faculty, staff, and the public as part of the University’s commitment to safety and security on campus, and in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. Copies of the report may also be requested through the Campus Security and Police Services located at 2245 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83706, by calling (208) 426-6911, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Boise State University is now available online at: https://security.boisestate.edu/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/09/2017-Annual-Security-and-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf
The report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Boise State; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. It also includes the annual fire safety report and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies for sexual assault, drug and alcohol use, and other matters.