In addition to the other benefit plans, the University offers several voluntary benefits that may be available through convenient payroll deduction. These optional benefits can add an additional sense of security for many individuals and are made available to University employees at reduced group rates.
To learn more about the different voluntary benefits the university offers, please see the information below:
- Supplemental Health, Life and Disability
- AFLAC: American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (AFLAC) provides guaranteed renewable supplemental insurance. AFLAC has plans for cancer and critical illness, intensive care, hospital, personal accident, short-term disability, and life insurance. For rates and additional information, please contact Reuel Davis at 208-891-0114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ARAG Group Legal Plan
- With a legal plan from ARAG, you have the professional help you need to protect yourself and your family from legal difficulties. Covered services include standard and complex will preparation, powers of attorney, juvenile court proceedings, personal property issues, real estate issues, IRS audit protection, identity theft services and many more. ARAG now offers Legal Protection for $17.00 per month or Legal Protection Plus for $23.00 per month. New employees have 60 days from the date of hire to enroll. Existing employees can enroll or cancel their ARAG coverage during open enrollment, typically in May.
Enrollment into the ARAG Legal Plan is done online through their website, ARAGLegalCenter.com, access code is 15481bsu. Additional information is available on the web at: http://www.araggroup.com/, or by calling ARAG at 1-800-247-4184.
- Home and Auto Insurance
- Liberty Mutual, MetLife and Travelers offer special group rates to Boise State University employees for auto and homeowners insurance. No obligation online quotes are available from each of the three carriers. Automatic payroll deduction is available if you choose to insure your home and/or auto through this program. Other payment options are available, and can be discussed with the provider. You may take advantage of this voluntary benefit at any time; there is no “open enrollment” period. Please see this document for more details.
- IDeal – The Idaho College Savings Program
- The Idaho College Savings Program (IDeal), offered through the State of Idaho, provides families with an affordable way to save for college. Some key benefits are: the ability to use funds towards eligible schools nationwide, state tax deferred earnings, and can be used towards tuition, books, fees and some room and board. Please contact IDeal at 1-866-IDeal ED, 1-866-433-2533, http://www.idsaves.org for more details.