|| eCampus Senior Instructional Design Consultant/Manager
||Administrative and Professional Career Postings
Open to Boise State University Employee Only
The eCampus Center in the Division of Extended Studies at Boise State University is seeking candidates for the position of eCampus Senior Instructional Designer/Manager. This position is responsible for managing the eCampus instructional design services primarily focused on supporting the campus-based students and supervising instructional design consultants and student workers.
Boise State’s eCampus (distance education) has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade, reaching a record enrollment of over 9,000 students. The recently completed eCampus Strategic Plan will pave the way for developing new programs, enhancing faculty and student support, and helping Boise State carve a unique niche in higher education’s online learning community. http://ecampus.boisestate.edu
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Provides leadership, expertise, and creativity to support the development and delivery of online courses.
- Plays crucial role in delivering professional development, promoting online learning, assessing online courses, and improving and ensuring the quality of online course development and delivery to improve student learning, engagement, and retention.
- Manages course development projects including those with an intended audience of campus-based students. Ensures timely delivery and high quality of the finished product.
- Develops goals course development functions; assists the assistant director with the development of long- and short-range unit goals, monitors progress toward goals.
- Works as an online pedagogy consultant for university faculty who are designing and developing online courses and programs.
- Works closely with faculty and department chairs to establish achievable timelines for building new courses and revising existing ones.
- Works closely with faculty development teams to determine instructional needs of course and appropriate methods of delivery for online courses.
- Provides consultation on instructional strategies and techniques for online courses and resources.
- Helps select delivery format and assessment strategies for online learning.
- Provides production support of online instructional materials.
- Oversees the instructional integrity and general coherence, focus, depth and accuracy of academic course content.
- Evaluates existing courses for instructional integrity, accuracy, alignment to outcomes and visual and instructional consistency.
- Provides feedback for authors to identify strategies for revision and/or creates and implements build plans for existing courses.
- Designs new courses and reviews new course content.
- Manages course development projects including those with an intended audience of campus-based students.
- Supervises eCampus personnel who provide direct support for faculty.
- Remains current on online education activities including extensive reading of the literature, educational activities, and networking. Stays up to date on instructional design research and current events in the educational arena to incorporate the latest, most effective teaching strategies into courses.
- Identifies emerging trends that add value to the eCampus program and ensure that Boise State’s practices are current.
To better evaluate your candidacy and describe your experience, knowledge and skills, address the underlined minimum job qualifications and preferred qualifications (if applicable) in your cover letter.
At a minimum you should have:
- Graduate degree in educational technology, instructional design, education/curriculum development or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Three(3) years of demonstrated experience including one (1) year of managerial experience in instructional design or related field such as the following:
- Experience with eLearning/online pedagogy and application of instructional design theory, adult learning theory principles and practices for the development of online course and programs in higher education.
- Experience and demonstrated competence with online learning tools and online assessment strategies that enables choosing tools appropriate to learning objectives.
- Demonstrated ability working with learning management/online learning platforms (i.e. Blackboard), web conferencing (such as Blackboard Collaborate formerly Wimba and Elluminate), social networking, problem-based learning, case studies, learner analytics, learner interactivity (such as Raptivity and Articulate), HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities of an eCampus Instructional Design Consultant, plus:
- Provides team leadership and works closely with all stakeholders to support and identify project-wide needs; motivates staff.
- Provides vision and support for overall course content development and deployment; identifies required resources and may prepare project level budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to work collaboratively, positively and effectively with multiple external partners and clients; strong negotiation and liaison skills; proficient in balancing multiple priorities and remaining flexible in response to rapidly changing priorities; strong personal initiative; approach new needs with creativity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of:
- overall user need and issues for delivery of product and solutions; seeks information to add value;
- online course delivery practices, techniques and technology solutions;
- the CMS delivery environment and experience with database applications.
Demonstrated proficiency in HTML/HTML editors, web programming languages for the design of dynamic web pages; course content and exam development.
- A doctorate in educational technology, instructional design, education/curriculum development or related discipline from an accredited college or university;
- Seven (7) years of experience in instructional design or related field;
- Experience working directly with higher education faculty in the design and delivery of online courses and experience leading a multifaceted instructional design team;
- Experience with managing budgets, projects and coordinating resources;
- Experience as a teacher, trainer, and/or professional development instructor for adult learners;
- Training and experience using the Quality MattersTM rubric;
- Experience in developing and providing team-based collaborative instructor training programs for both small and large groups.
The hiring range is $57,500 to $66,100. The actual salary offered will be within this range based on experience.
|If This Sounds Like the Job for You
Your application packet must be emailed in PDF format to Christine Bauer at email@example.com and include:
- A letter of application addressing how your background and philosophy align with the qualifications and responsibilities of this position:
- Include the search AA-0023-23 in the subject line of email;
- In your letter specifically address the following areas;
- Experience as an instructional designer (minimum 3 years of experience), including a description of leadership and supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience organizing and managing multiple instructional design projects and resources to successfully meet expectations and deadlines.
- Experience with developing/helping to develop college-level online courses, including when and what was the course(s) and describing your contributions to the design/development of the course(s)).
- Experience working with higher education faculty and department chairs to provide excellent customer service and build positive working relationships.
- Personal knowledge of and experience with infusing creativity, innovation and emerging technologies into the design and development of online courses and programs.
- A portfolio providing 3-6 samples of your work as an instructional designer, either as attached documents or links to online examples. Also include contextual information regarding each sample so we will better understand your contributions to the design and development process. Screenshots of your most recent work is preferred;
- A resume that details your education and professional experience (including dates of employment, description of responsibilities associated with each professional role);
- Names and contact information of three professional references (include a note saying in what capacity you worked with the reference such as co-worker, supervisor, employee, etc.);
- Transcripts of educational credentials (copies permitted with application – official transcripts required if hired).
||Review of applicants will begin January 3, 2013. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool. Written materials submitted with spelling or grammatical issues will receive less consideration.
Note: If selected as a finalist a background check may be performed.
About the Department: http://ecampus.boisestate.edu
AA/EEO Statement – Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference. For more information please click here.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here.
Drug-Free Workplace – It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. For more information about this policy, please click here.
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. For more information please click here.
|Jeanne Clery Statement
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants. Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.